Monday, August 15, 2011

Cake in a Cup


Hot chocolate? A latte? No! It's cake
My husband has more will power than anyone I know. It's August. His chocolate Easter bunny? Still in the cupboard.

When I make a dessert, he and the kids each eat one piece and the the rest goes into my mouth over the course of the next day or so. So good for my tummy, so bad for my thighs.

This recipe helps with that. No, it's not high culture, but it's light, delicately spongy and truly diet-friendly. Thanks to Mare at work for sharing it with me.

For the mix:
1 box Angel food cake mix
1 box cake mix, any flavor*

Mix the contents of both mixes together and store in an airtight container.

For the cake:
1/3 cup of the mix
My kids REALLY like this, though I do not condone stealing!
3 tbsps water

Add the mix and water to a coffee mug. Stir until well blended. Microwave on high for 1 minute (since microwaves and coffee cups vary, it make take a little longer)

Top with whipped cream, ice cream, frosting or nothing at all. The center will be hot, so if you're going to feed to the kiddos, let it cool a bit.

* The angel food mix lightens the flavor of the other cake mix, so consider using something like a devil's food for a chocolate.






1 comment: