Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cranberries your kids will eat

I didn't grow up eating cranberries. My husband did; and when I overheard a version of this recipe on Food Network, I decided to try it. It's so good. The oranges and cranberries melt in your mouth and the pecans and an awesome crunch. Your kids (and my meat-and-potatoes brothers) will eat it.

14 oz can Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
11 oz (small) can Mandarin Oranges, drained
1 handful of pecans (whole, half, pieces)


Dump the sauce, dump the oranges, stir. Just before serving, stir in the pecans. If you like to be fancy, put some more pecans on top.

This recipe serves a family of four comfortably. If you'll be having a table full at Thanksgiving, multiply the recipe. Roughly two cans of cranberries, one large can of oranges and two handfuls of pecans.

No comments:

Post a Comment