Sunday, December 12, 2010

Butterfinger Angelfood Torte

For me, this recipe is like biting into my childhood. As I began to make it myself, I modified it -eliminating nuts, and increasing the sweetness factor.It's a creamy, sweet sin. The fluffy cake soaks up the light creaminess, while the candy adds a bold crunch.

Note: This recipe includes raw eggs. While I've never known anyone to get sick from it, I avoided it when I was pregnant.

1 angel food cake or two angel food cake bricks, sliced into 1-inch cubes
6-8 Butterfinger candy bars, chopped or crushed (put leftovers on top of ice cream)
1/2 cup butter
3 cups powdered sugar
2 tsps vanilla
8 egg yolks
1 pint heavy whipping cream. 

To make the filling, whip cream until doubled in volume.
In a separate bowl, whip together butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and egg yolks.
Slowly add sugar mixture to cream (put your mixer on its slowest speed and add a dollop at a time.)

Place half of the angelfood cake into a 9 x 13 cake pan. Spread half of filling on top of cake. Sprinkle half of candy bars on top. Top with the remainder of the cake, the filling and the rest of the candy bars.

Refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment