Friday, December 10, 2010

Cleaning pots with ketchup?

Does anyone else get freakishly detailed in cleaning their house at this time of year? A few years ago, I read in a magazine (Real Simple, I think) that you can use ketchup to clean copper bottom kettles.
Seriously? Does that sound crazy to you too?

It did to me too. So, when I grabbed some crazy cheap ketchup at the grocery store and my husband refused to put it on the table, I thought I'd give it a try.


Crazy? Yep. Effective? Yep.
Squirt some ketchup on our pot, and smooth it around with your fingers - don't forget the lip up the edge. Let the ketchup sit for about 5 minutes, then rinse away. Wash a you normally would with soap and water.

Depending on how dirty your pots are, they may not be perfectly clean, but they will be shinier. 

Check out the photos: 



I know, my pots all need to be cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment