Saturday, March 14, 2009

Apple Crisp Pie

Happy Pi day!

I'm not very good at putting that top crust on a pie (though I am getting better - see the upper left of the photo. This is my solution - take my crisp recipe, and use it as a topping. Whoa yum. It's that warm, crispiness that I love in crisp, but with many more sweet apples.
1 pie crust
Can or jar of pie filling (I like my apple pie filling in a jar)
2/3 to 3/4 cup packed brown sugar (to taste)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking or old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup stick butter
3/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp nutmeg

Arrange pie crust on the bottom of a pie plate. Add the pie filling.

Mix remaining ingredients - personally, I like to use my hands - to create a crumbly, well, mess. Sprinkle crumbles over pie.

Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour (or, whatever the pie filling said.)

No comments:

Post a Comment