Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Corned Beef

This almost feels like cheating... it's so easy.

Many people have told me they have never eaten corned beef... take advantage of the post-St. Pat's Day sales and try it!

I've tried several methods of preparation, but this one seems best:

You'll need one corned beef brisket (point cut or flat cut) and a slow cooker.

If your corned beef comes with a seasoning packet, rinse the beef under cold running water, then set it in the slow cooker, along with the contents of the seasoning packet.

If your corned beef comes with seasoning in the liquid, dump the whole thing into the slow cooker.

In either case, add enough water to just cover the corned beef. Then switch your slow cooker to low and let it cook away. Personally, I switch it on before I leave for work, and it's done when I get home.

2 comments:

  1. I still think you're courageous. Corned beef can get dried out. I think the slow cooker method is probably the most fool proof, but I'm still scared to try it. My sister-in-law made corned beef this weekend, and it was so good I ate like a half a pound (not kidding). But still, I'm not sure I can pull it off myself. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree.... The boil for hours method just didn't work for me, and actually hurt my teeth!

    ReplyDelete