Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pizza Grilled Cheese

My dad and husband like cheesy pizzas. I buy mozzarella cheese in bricks and shred them myself (something I learned to do buying cheese directly from the factory as a kid.)

The bricks make a great platform for these sandwiches my kids love.They're a fantastic option on a night when they kids are begging for pizza but you want to eat a little more quickly.

Mozzarella cheese - preferably a slice, but shredded works too
White or wheat bread
Butter
Pizza sauce

Method one:
Make a grilled cheese sandwich as you would any other, and served it with pizza sauce for dipping

Method two:
Spread pizza sauce on the "inside" of the bread, butter the outside. Put mozzarella in the middle, and some pepperoni if you like. Grill as you normally would.

No comments:

Post a Comment